Thursday, November 27, 2008

I'm Thankful for....

Some people may say that the best part of waking up is Folger's in their cup. But, I am thankful for the view out my back window in the morning. I spent the day with the Tarantinos, my mom and brother Terry. As I looked around the table, I realized how fortunate I am and how many things I have to be thankful for.
I'm thankful for my Alyssa and Jared, who with their unique personalities, bring such joy to my life. I'm thankful for Mike, who supports me with my crazy ideas. I'm thankful to my parents, who taught me so much with their generous, kind, and forgiving style. I'm thankful for my family who is always there for me to laugh, cry, give advice or support me. I'm thankful for Mike's family who welcomed me into their family and always made me feel more than an "in'law." I'm thankful for my friends, who have enriched my life in so many ways, and have helped to make me who I am today.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful message Colleen. We just returned from Jim and Tina's. We dragged our stuff in from the car and dug out some leftovers for a late lunch. Oh turkey leftovers-how grand. It's worth it to make a turkey so we can have leftovers. Easy for me to say I wasn't the main cook the last few years. It's always fun and interesting to see and taste how someone else does it. Jim serves double baked potatoes and has a orderly kitchen until I hit it. The turkey was in, the stuffing was together and waiting it's oven time and ofcourse the double baked potatoes only needed reheating. He made lovely individual salads of spinich, dried cranberries, blue cheese,and gormet pecans. Looked lovely and the report was yummy. Me, I saved myself for the food to follow. I was grateful. I had made sweet pototes and pies at home. Other years I've made the mess in Jim's kitchen. We stayed until almost noon today and I started the day by making oatmeal chocolate chip cookies. Last year we had guests from Canada and they prepared the dinner. we had different and delicous vegetables in adddition to the usual fare. I'm grateful for all of it. Love, Pat