Monday, November 3, 2008

What are you doing?

A few weeks ago, my friend Sue called and asked me what I was doing on a certain date. Sue is my friend from college and we just don't see each other as much as I would like as she lives in McHenry. So I'm thinking she going to suggest that we get together for dinner or some other fun activity. Not quite, Sue was checking to see if I was available to babysit her twin three year old boys. Too late, I already responded "I don't have any plans." I'm wondering if I can back out by saying that I need to alphabetize my spice rack or some other worthwhile activity. Instead, I bite the bullet, and head out to McHenry. What an enjoyable day we had. We went apple picking. As soon as we got to the orchard, I did the math. Two of them and one of me. Oh boy. Fortunately, the boys didn't realize that they outnumbered me. The boys were fantastic and stayed together. They sure did enjoy eating the apples.



After apple picking we enjoyed time at the park at the orchard.




We also went on the merry-go-round and the train. The train was the cheapest baby-sitter around. It gave me 2 minutes and 30 seconds to go the restroom.


Finally, it was time to head home for dinner. The boys enjoyed dinner and then played while I cleaned up. I figured I would need to allow at least an hour to get the boys ready for bed. Again, I was wrong. The boys split; one to get washed up and one to get dressed. Then they switched. They got ready so quick we had time to play before bedtime. When it was time to clean up for bed- they did. Bedtime routine included them climbing into bed, raising their sweet faces for kisses, and lights out. That's it I am sending my kids to Camp Stocker for some training! By the way, I haven't answered one of Sue's calls since I babysat! Just kidding.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

You must find out her secret!