Friday, April 10, 2009

G and G

It has been about 6 months since my girlfriend's daughter Gianna died suddenly of an unknown kidney virus. I think of G and her family every day. Lately, it seems like I'm having a harder time with her lose. Some days it just takes my breath away, so I can't even begin to imagine how her family is feeling. Her family is amazing with their strength and courage under such rotten circumstances. They continue to take it day by day while trying to maintain a positive attitude. During this Easter season, I find myself thinking that maybe this was how God felt when he gave us his son for a time. It must have been the pits to watch your son be abused by those who didn't understand him. At least God got his son back. I wonder if that will be the same for all of us who have lost loved ones.
Beutiful Gianna
Gianna and a friend
My friend Vicki with her brother-in-law
Vicki's three kids: Gianna, Vinnie, and Val

Rest in Peace Gianna
May your family continue to find the strength
they need to get through the griefing process.

No comments: