Friday, August 21, 2009

Alyssa Starts High School

Alyssa started high school on Monday. She was nervous but excited. I think the nerves, learning the ropes, and the long days have gotten to her as she comes home exhausted. Of course, I made her take a first day of school picture.

Sara, Alyssa and Rachel- friends since kindergarten. I drove the girls to school on the first day. Alyssa kissed me good bye, told me she loved me and never looked back. What happened to my velcro baby?



Oops! Missed the meeting. Alyssa and I were downtown at the Jason Mraz concert. What an amazing performer that guy is. We went to a piano bar at the Drake after the concert, where Alyssa and her friends sang a couple of songs. The girls got quite the education on the way out of the concert when they saw a lady of the evening. I guess that is what you see at 2:00 in the morning in the city. We had a blast while creating a wonderful memory of summer.


2 comments:

Karen said...

...hehe...lady of the evening.

Anonymous said...

Alyssa-off to high School! How is it possible? Yes, yes I know she graduated from eighth grade and high school seems like such a big jump. Greaat she can be with girls she went to kindergarten with. Hope all is well Alyssa. Good to see you at breakfast a couple of weeks ago. Love, Aunt Pat