Friday, August 21, 2009

Cottage Cheese Pancakes






My kids love these pancakes!! In the summer when we have more time, we make them at least once a week. In the past we called them Uncle Mike's pancakes because he makes them when he comes to our house for a family breakfast. Then we found out the recipe started with Kath. The kids were quite upset that Mike was getting the credit for Kath's recipe. The quandray was what to call the pancakes. Should they continue to be Uncle Mike pancakes as he turned us on to them? Or should they be Aunt Kath's pancakes? Know they are known as cottage cheese pancakes so no one is hurt.



For Amy and Pat
When we made these pancakes in Michigan, Pat and Amy wanted to know the nutrition facts. Basically, they are 18.6 calories each with .46 grams of fat. The entire recipe was 670 calories and 16.7 grams of fat.

3 comments:

Karen said...

...they're like candy....you can't eat just one.Yummy!

Kathleen said...

They ARE so good. And I think of them as Uncle Mike pancakes. He's made them so much he owns them!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the info on the pancakes. I think I first saw them in the LLLI cookbook. Fun to see Jared cooking them. Think I'll make them for breakfast today with cornmeal or oat flakes instead of the flour. Pen's doing gluten free these days per Dr's instructions. I have 8 more days until I return to work. It has been a wonderful, restful Summer. It was a treat to be visiting your family in Michigan. You are quite the entertainer. You know when I first went up there, 42 years ago, I didn't tell anyone where I was going, except Bart. Didn't even tell him the first time because he was out of town himself. I needed some space for just me and the kids. I didn't have anyone visit me for years. I have experienced it as a haven to recharge my bateries and breath deeply again. Oh I love that place. Love, Pat