Friday, August 21, 2009

What a difference a day makes

After dropping Alyssa off at high school on Monday, I headed into school to get some work done in my classroom. I was moved this year, so I had a lot of unpacking to do. While I was there I was summoned to the office by the principal and the director of special education. I knew it was too early in the year for me to be in trouble, so I assumed it was something to make more work. Much to my delight I was offered a fourth grade classroom position. I was so excited. After talking with Michael, a friend of mine and Jared, I accepted the position. Jared wanted to know if it was more money. Sorry no additional money. So I am giving up special education for a general education class. It may only last a year, but I welcome the change. I still can't believe it. I like to walk into my principal's office and say, "Colleen Tarantino- Fourth Grade Teacher." She said, "Don't make me regret this decision." Hee hee

6 comments:

Karen said...

...that sounds great, Col! Good luck.....I know you'll do great!

Kathleen said...

I'm so excited for you - those kids are so lucky. And what do you mean "to early in the year to be in trouble"? Hah!

Sarah said...

Congrats! Sounds like fun! :)

Anonymous said...

Good for you Colleen!Why would your principal regret It? You put your heart into everything you do so it seems like a win win situation. What a refreshing change. It's such a surprize that the school would give up a special ed teacher. Have a wonderful year! Love, Pat

Anonymous said...

Your own room, WOW thats really great. Remember how happy you are when our correcting those papers at night. I know you'll do great.
Love, Kathy

Annie said...

I am going to miss you as my special education partner....I am so happy for you. You are going to be a fab teacher. I am excited for you and sad for me... but its not like I am not going to see ya.....
Get some good sleep... Reality is back.